The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bored with the Butler

Go down 
+6
greyeyegoddess
pamelajane
sami_stardust
andrea
luvthatgerryjuice
kayanne
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Bored with the Butler Empty
PostSubject: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 am

I think the mystery is wearing off for me. Red carpet parties, PR stunts, chasing young girls--this is all he seems to be about. It just seems to be the same stuff over and over again.

In my real life, I have a career where no day at work has ever been anywhere near the same. And if I get bored with my friends or in a relationship, I am perfectly capable of spicing it up myself.

Butler is seeming more and more one dimensional and shallow to me and something I don't want to read about every day anymore.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 am

I guess thats why its always a great idea to seperate the "artist" from the real person(or what we seem to know of the person). There are favorite painters, singers, other actors,etc. whose personal lives make what we know about gerry seem like a mother goose story. At least there are no reports of rapes,domestic violence,or murders. THANK GOD!
Back to top Go down
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 pm

kayenne I understand you perfectly well
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 pm

i think a lot of us do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Hey Andrea! I hope your job is going better! It's good to see you!

If I am bored with hearing about his life, I wonder if GB is? Many of my friends think I have a cool life and I feel that I do as well--exciting job, great friends and family and I always have a funny story to tell about something that happened to me or someone I know. But I relish in the more normal parts of my day where I am cooking dinner, watching a movie on the couch with a buddy or just having quiet time with my family. Every other time I go in WalMart I meet a stranger and sometimes I become friends with them. I tend to always be smiling and my friends say that makes me look approachable to people.

When I go to a big party or event, it's a special thing, not an every day thing like GB seems to do. If I did it every day, it wouldn't be special and would probably become tedious and boring to me.

I am attracted to people like me with an exuberance for life. My BFF took a picture of me this weekend where I was so excited because I was on a hay ride. Even though I live in the South, I am pretty much a city girl and riding in a trailer full of hay being pulled by a tractor was pretty special to me and I had a blast!

I thought maybe at some point he would do something to surprise us like nail a good movie role or cut an album. I am beginning to be bored with MGP and concerned because of the politics.

Parties, models, mediocre films and stupid gossip. Yawn. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm

And hello Sami! You posted right before me.

I was looking at tickets for ASO and found that I if I bought 3, they were only $27 each. We have a great Symphony up my way but I love the ASO and this seem to apply to all concerts.

I am still contemplating what I want but there is a Paul McCartney tribute in February. I may buy some extras to take others.....
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:45 pm

BTW kayanne, I hope you dont think I was putingyour feelings down. I was just giving a pointer that was given to me when a celeb or whoever famous seems not what we want them to be. But I understand what you're saying also. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Not at all! No worries. I got what you were saying too. I wish we hard more about his craft and less about the parties. That would make him more interesting!

You are in one of my favorite cities, btw. I am hoping to get back there soon but Detroit, Miami and Phoenix come next, darn it!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 pm

i bet the ASO mccartney tribute will be pretty cool. i've missed two beatles tributes shows this year..lack of funds.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:13 pm

I agree that it's boring reading about GB's personal life, but I also agree that we do need to separate the man, from his craft. It was the Phantom and The Stranger that drew me to my first fandom since I was 13 years old. And there are fans out there that actually think of him as The Phantom, The Stranger, Leo, etc. But we Pantry peeps know better and think of him as Gerry and our curiosity will be peaked sometimes and sometimes not.

K, I'm glad you started this thread. You've given us "pause to think, not for too long, but pause just the same"...RocknRolla. hee hee
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Sami, I will keep you posted on whether or not we decide to go. We are checking our schedules to see which one is best.

PJ--Good to see you. I would rather hear how you and the rest of the girls are doing than The Butler. I hope things are better for you.

But I would like to know what his next project is. I still don't think we have seen the best of Butler.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm

kayanne wrote:
Butler is seeming more and more one dimensional and shallow to me and something I don't want to read about every day anymore.

I think that's what I feel.

I think it's difficult for me to see others think that way, when people were head over heals with the 'real' Gerry, the one before he came all out. It's not easy to separate his work from his life because essentially, his work does affect his life and vice versa, more at least than I've ever heard any actor admit.

That is something I'm not used to hearing from most actors. Either they don't take their work home with them, or they are lying. Don't know. I just don't remember hearing actors talk about their work affecting their lives as Gman does.

Granted, I haven't heard every actor, but the ones I've kept up with, are just not like that when it comes to their work.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 pm

i remember reading several interviews with ralph fiennes over the years. he's one who takes it home and to heart. whatever character he is portraying seems to sneak into his "real" life outside of the movie set, and that can be a problem sometimes. specifically....when he played goeth in "schindler's list" he said he found himself in a dark, nasty place for quite a few months even after filming and had to really work hard to rise above it and become "ralph" again.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:18 am

but is that good?

Is that what makes an actor seem human?

Is that what attracts fans or a fanbase?

I see a lot of similarities between Gman and Ralph.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:10 am

What a terrific conversation. Thanks for starting it, K. You've all said some insightful, honest things.

For me though? I have no difficulty separating the man from the role, just as I have no difficulty separating GB from my life.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am

kayanne, you don't have to read about his personal life, you know.

I don't give a hoot about GB. I like some of his work. I like the people on this forum A LOT!
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Sadly, most everything posted about him is on the parties and appearances. There isn't much said about his work anymore.

Last edited by kayanne on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:36 pm

I miss Fry Guy. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 pm

LOL! I am still not sure who he is and I hadn't thought of him until the mystery blogger mentioned him!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:50 pm

His name is Nick, he's a friend of Gerry's who used to hang out with him quite a bit. I thought he was quite the looker, too. Not so much with a bald head, though. Didn't someone post a picture of him with a shaved head a while back? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Doesn't ring a bell. I vaguely remembered Gina because I thought she was different than the other women he had been linked to. And I really like her hair.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I miss Fry Guy. Sad

Now who is Fry Guy? The dude that resembles Gerry?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Ok. Fry Guy is the one doing the naughty deed right here .....

Bored with the Butler Fryguy

and then a full view.

Bored with the Butler 130c
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:17 pm

OHHHHH....he IS cute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey, they even dress alike!

I wonder if they borrow each other's clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored with the Butler   Bored with the Butler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored with the Butler
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next