The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Random Musings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Don't need no reminder of when Christmas is.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 am

Obligation does suck but most times I don't function that way. How are you, Julie?

Random musings:

In Texas it is illegal to graffiti a cow.

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

Humans share about 50% of their DNA with bananas.

When you blush, the lining of your stomach turns red too.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Well, well. Now I am much smarter than I was a few minutes ago. Thanks for the knowledge, NayNay! Enjoying your holiday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, I am, sweet Sami.

We've had good rain fall in the past 6 weeks so the garden looks lush and colourful - so much so that I had to trim the hedges for the 1st time with my new shears.

The unpacking/repacking/giving away/throwing away of boxes in the back room has progressed to half done. Now my new dining room/library looks smaller, not larger! Dammit

I didn't win the OzLotto $70 million jackpot last night so I guess it's back to work in a month. A mystery Queensland entry did win though! Current US Lottery is $636 million - holy cow!!!

Each afternoon, I celebrate being on holidays by having a nap with the pups. Each night I stay up later than usual to watch the tv shows I don't normally see.

All good in NayLand!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 pm

YAY for Nay! Happy Happy Happy 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 am

Hi, people. I'm enjoying a couple of Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares. They're just the right size.

I can't wait for Christmas to be over. Same thing every year. Enough already. What ever happened to the world coming to an end?

Why would anyone want to graffiti a cow?

If I put that zinc sunscreen stuff in my hair and wear a copper wire wig would I be more intelligent?

Add some mirrors in your dining room/library. Mirrored tiles on the walls, mosaics, plate sized, etched or painted. Seeing reflections of other parts of the room or other rooms makes a space look much bigger.

Taking afternoon naps regularly is for the young and the old. It's a really hard habit to break.

I'd like to watch funny shows that aren't rooted in stupidity.

The original Saint Nick was from the area that is now the country Turkey. The currrent popular image of Santa Claus in the red and white suit is a Coca Cola Company creation. That's why we eat turkeys and snort drink Coke for Christmas dinner.

RIP Peter O'Toole.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 am

Hi Jules. How's life in Texas? Never had a Ghira...chocolate. Are they good?

I usually enjoy holiday season but the commercial build-up is shameless. Consequently, family presents for the past couple of years have been donations to charity.

Why would anyone need a law that says it's illegal to graffiti a cow in the first place?

No but you'd stand out in a crowd! I wouldn't want to be seen with you though.  Shocked 

A mirror is a great idea. Thanks.

I am neither young nor old but I tire easily with my illness so napping is my coping mechanism.

Sharp wit is a feature of most British comedies. Start watching The Vicar of Dibley, any Monty Python, Blackadder, Faulty Towers, One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances etc.

Coca Cola started Santa's costume? That's scandalous.

RIP Mr O'Toole and Mrs Fontaine. 
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 pm

We've been getting hit pretty hard with snow and ice for it to not even be winter yet. I had about a foot to contend with up until this week when the warmer temps came in. Now most of it is melted (until the next snowfall), but I have to contend with refreezing and mud.

I got stuck in my driveway this morning just trying to back it out to go to work.  Evil or Very Mad 

Two more days and then a half day on Monday and I'm off work until Jan. 2. I'd be off next Monday except because of the stupid ice/snow we've already had, I had to use up some of my vacation.

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 am

I like Ghirardelli chocolates. They're good and individually wrapped in small portions.

Texas has a lot of silly laws. When some lawmaker got annoyed at something, he made a law against it.

DK, my sympathies with the mud and freeze, especially getting your car stuck in mud. You need gravel on the driveway. I need more gravel on mine.

I want stuffings, with or without turkey.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I am not a fan of chocolate, and I have a friend that sends me a huge box of Godivas every year!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:13 am

Love Godivas. They make nice treats for home visitors and coworkers, too.

I still want stuffings.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:20 am

Now, Godivas I have heard of, Sami. Julie has a good suggestion - pass them out when visitors arrive.

Hello DK. I'll trade you humidity for cooler temps. Gravel or cracker dust. Where are you having Christmas this year?

I do like roast chicken stuffing with white meat and gravy on fresh bread.... Perving 

Off to family this year but back home on Boxing Day. Can't leave the garden too long in summer. Another friend arrives on the 28th but I'm putting her to work.  Laughing 

What are everyone else's plans?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Godivas are super expensive.....a really nice gift if you like chocolate!!  Very Happy 
http://www.godiva.com/godiva-swarovski-luxury-box/78242.html?cgid=All-Holiday-Gifts#start=20&cgid=All-Holiday-Gifts
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Hey Girls! I've checked in a few times, but I couldn't post. I find the holidays very depressing. So much pressure to have a "perfect" wonderful time that people go crazy with the stress of it all.

(OK, some of us didn't have far to go  Wink ) Maybe I'll put it to use and start drawing nasty cartoons.

I've missed you all.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 am

I am not a fan of the holidays either, Shar. You are not alone!  I love you 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:40 am

I've written and deleted this post 3 times now. Nothing came out right.

Here's some surreal nonsense. My kid sang it to me a few months ago.
*sung to the ABC tune*
A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Gummy bears are chasing me.
One is red, one is blue, one is chewing on my shoe.
Now I'm running for my life, 'cause the red one's got a knife.

After that, I chased her with my plush purple gummy bear wielding a plastic knife.

My kid thinks I'm weird.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Proud 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Shar, crazy or not, we hear you. I'm trying to approach this Christmas differently by enjoying my nieces and nephews. The meals and presents don't feature high on my list but being Aunty Nay with the little ones does. A friend has often spoken over the years of having a 'friends' Christmas but invariably family overtakes that idea. I have had several Christmas Days overseas so going far away is an option.

Julie, what were you trying to post? It's not like you to stumble over words. Kids always think their parents are weird. Take it a badge of honour.

This holidays, I would really like to see a decent movie at the cinema. Any suggestions, ladies?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:41 am

Thanks, sami! I lent her 2 of my Nerf guns to go play with her friends. She thinks I'm pretty cool today.

Oh, I was adding to the holiday complaints. I'm tired of the holiday gloomies so I took a random exit.

I miss Christmas singalongs, both sacred and secular songs. Secular ones are harder to come by.
*sings
Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-tingling, too.
Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you.

One of my most favorite holiday songs. Most people don't sing it because it's hard.

I don't know if there's a decent movie out. Do you get Asian movies in theaters there? Chinese kung fu? Bollywood musicals? Japanese ghost stories? We only get those on movie channels or Netflix/Hulu type service.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Julie, I love your daughter's jingle. Is she a fan of The Walking Dead?

I wanted to bake Christmas goodies tonight, but everything I tried to bake was missing an ingredient. I guess I'll be making a trip to the store tomorrow.

For the first time in my life, we're not exchanging Christmas gifts. The family decided none of us have the finances this year. I did buy for the pets. I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year...no stamps, and it just slipped my mind.

I guess I'm a Scrooge.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 pm

I've been a Scrooge my entire life, but my family hasn't exchanged gifts for 10 years. It is actually quite "free-ing" on many levels.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:08 am

I don't like exchanging gifts. Gifts are gifts, no obligations. Some years I feel like doing things, some I don't. Sometimes I have no idea what to do and run out of time so I skip them all.

What all are you baking DK? I got store bought ginger snaps. They're pretty yummy.

Kid doesn't watch Walking Dead.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 pm

It actually is freeing, Sami. I have been in the Christmas spirit this year, just not so much with buying gifts. I made a trip to Wal Mart this afternoon for some last minute cooking things, and now I'm kinda glad I didn't mess with it this year. It was a madhouse and I think some guy called me a bitch.  Laughing 

Julie, I made crescent cookies (buttery cookies with nuts and powdered sugar), fudge, and I'm getting ready to make a cheesecake. Then I'm going to bake a turkey with cornbread stuffing. The turkey was 50 cents/pound today! Mom got a ham to cook, too.

This year I've really been getting into the decorating and Christmas movie watching. The Doctor Who Christmas special is on Christmas evening, so I HAVE to watch that.

Oh, and I bought some chestnuts to roast. I have no idea what I'm doing, so it should be interesting. And I am well stocked on beverages, including a bottle of rose champagne for New Years Eve...gotta look ahead. Wink
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Let us know how the roasted chestnuts turn out! Don't think I have ever had any roasted. Our neighbor used to have a chestnut tree, so we ate them "raw" all the time. Tasty little buggers!  flower 
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:54 pm

***humming that darn chestnut roasting on an open fire song ***

Having a quiet night. Putting on a warm robe and slippers. I may break open a bottle of Kentucky wine (none of that imported from California stuff for this red-neck) Maybe something will be on TV.

But I wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next